I’m supposed to get into town just before noon on Thursday, August 29. Assuming no signifiant delays, I hope to be at the hotel and checking in by 1 pm.
I’m not doing any official programming this year because I want to be able to hang out with my friends, and don’t want to have to dash off in the midst of an interesting discussion in order to sit on a panel. That said, I do have some obligations, mostly surrounding breakfasts and lunches. I’m also involved in 2 interviews while I am there.
Beyond that, I’ll be around. I have no idea what panels I want to wander into or what readings I want to go see. If you are looking for me, the best way to find me is to ping me on Twitter. Here is where I know I’ll be as of today1:
- Friday, 1pm: Lunch with a friend
- Saturday, 10am: SFWA Business Meeting
- Saturday, noon: Lunch with a friend
- Sunday, 9am: Group breakfast
- Sunday, 1pm: Scalzi book signing
- Sunday, 2:30pm: Interview
- Monday, 10am: Brunch with friends
There’s another interview nestled in there somewhere but an exact date/time hasn’t been scheduled yet.
I’ll be in town until mid-afternoon on Monday.
I’m looking forward to the convention and especially to seeing all of my friends there, old and new. Be sure to say hello if you see me.
- Subject to change, of course ↩