[This post is part of my series of reference posts that I can point people to later when the subject comes up.]
I review books both here on this website as well as for science fiction magazines and other science fiction venues. Books that I review on my blog are not always current books. Books that I review for other venues are current and tend to fall in line with the release of the books being reviewed.
If you are interested in sending me a book, please contact me at the following email address for information on where to send it:
jamie at jamietoddrubin.com
Before sending me a book for review, please consider the following items:
- This site averages between 2,500 – 3,500 visitors/day, many of whom are science fiction readers.
- I only have the capacity to review between 15-20 books/year.
- Sending me a book for review does not guarantee it will be reviewed. I will, however, do my best to post a list of the books I receive in a given month.
- I do not review self-published books. There are simply too many traditionally published authors that I do want to read and my supply of time is limited.
- I generally review science fiction or non-fiction books about science fiction. Sending me books on other subjects lowers (but does not rule out) chances for review.
- I am open to reviewing short story collections and anthologies in addition to novels and non-fiction.
- Want to know what I read? Find out here.
- Want to know what I’ve reviewed? Find out here.
- Yes, I will accept electronic versions of books for review if they are in either Kindle or iBook format.
- Sending me a book 2-3 months prior to publication helps me slot a potential review to coincide with the release of the book.
If you have any questions about this book review policy, please feel free to contact me at the email address listed above.