My computers and mobile devices
- Home office: 27″ iMac (circa 2011) with a 1 TB external hard disk.
- Laptop: Samsung Google Chromebook
- Phone: iPhone 5
- Tablet: iPad 2
Other gadgets I use regularly
- Bose QuietComfort 15 noise-cancelling headset
- Fujitsu ScanSnap s1300i scanner
- FitBit Flex
- Gmail. The hub of my communication system. I use it in Chrome on my iMac and Chromebook. On my iPhone and iPad I use the Mailbox app.
- Google Calendar. The hub of my scheduling system. I use it in Chrome on my iMac and Chromebook. On my iPhone I use the Sunrise app.
- Google Docs. The hub of my writing system. I use it in Chrome on my iMac and Chromebook. I rarely use it on my mobile devices.
- Evernote. The hub of my paperless life. I use the Mac client on my iMac, the web client on my Chromebook, and the app on my iPhone and ipad.
- Kindle App. Where I do the bulk of my paperless reading. I read books there, and also PDFs of my story drafts, or other stories I am reading for comment.
- Audible App. Where I do the bulk of my reading while doing other things (like walking or chores around the house).
I’ve posted pictures of my home office before, but the best current picture is the panorama shot I took for the header image of the blog.
What doesn’t show in this picture is the large bay window just to the right of the desk, or Kelly’s desk, which is behind mine, on the opposite side of the room. I don’t work in here as much as I used to.