Several items of note today worth sharing with you on the science fiction/writing front:
- Since the word is now out, my Vacation in the Golden Age posts will be reprinted at the new Amazing Stories website beginning with Episode #1 on Monday, October 10. I believe they will continue every other week thereafter, putting them on an alternating schedule with the current episodes. New episodes of my Vacation will continue to appear here on my blog as scheduled, but you can now also find the reprints over at Amazing Stories. The reprinting will be about 2 issue-years behind the current episode. When you think about it, this is really kind of cool. Amazing Stories was around back in the days that Astounding was a burgeoning magazine and Amazing will now be reporting about those early days in Astounding. Be sure to check it out on Monday.
- On October 18, I will be hosting a discussion here on the blog with author Bryan Thomas Schmidt as part of his blog tour for his new book The Worker Prince. We’ll be talking about the Golden Age and how Golden Age influences crept into Bryan’s book. It should be a lot of fun, so watch out for it.
- I will be writing a guest post on a famous quote from science fiction as part of banned book month later on this month. More information on this a little later in the month.
- Early in January, I will be on the #sffwrtcht to talk about science fiction and writing. I’m looking forward to that; it should be a lot of fun.
- I am working on a secret project about which I can’t tell you anything, other than to say it is science fiction-related. But I thought I’d stick in it here to tease you. I should be able to talk about this in more detail at the end of March, if all goes well.