People following our blog on the Adventures of the Little Zipper should head over there now to read about the latest developments. But be warned: this one’s a doozy. If you don’t have access to the blog and would like to read it, send me and email and I’ll add you to the access list.
A brief note: my experiment with Word Press over for the time being. It is a great document-management and blogging product, but:
- I spend way too much time trying to tweak it just the way I want
- It seems silly to me (now) to manage the blog myself when LiveJournal provides that service
- Most people reading this are already on LiveJournal and I don’t want to burden people with multiple logins and accounts.
- I paid for a permanent account way back when, I might as well use it.
So, for now anyway, LiveJournal will remain my official blog for the foreseeable future. Items posted here will be relayed to Facebook.
Sorry for the confusion.
With my update on this blog earlier, I wanted to also post a reminder that Kelly and I do have a separate protected blog with updates on Zachary. Until a few days ago, that blog hadn’t been updated in a while, but we’ve both made updates in the last few days. Aa any parent knows, you can spend all day talking about your kids, and I didn’t want to impose that here, but for those who are interested, you can find out the latest on the Adventures of the Little Zipper and family here.
(Note: you must be pre-authorized to view that blog. If you do not have access and you’d like to follow along, let me know.)
After nearly a year of playing with WordPress behind the scenes, I have decided to begin the gradual transition from LiveJournal to WordPress once and for all. As part of this transition, the following will be taking place in the short-term:
- All blog posts will continue to be cross-posted to LiveJournal and Facebook
- LiveJournal posts will be closed to comments. Instead, click the link at the bottom of each post to comment on my WordPress blog.
- Comments on Facebook should (in theory) be picked up by WordPress as regular intervals.
I am doing this for several reasons:
- I have a custom installation of WordPress on my domain which I can control completely.
- WordPress has more of the features that I am looking for, and it is far easier to tweak the styles than in LiveJournal.
- One-stop-shopping for blog posting.
As far as LJ blogs that I read, I will continue reading them. Most of them I read through Google Reader at this point, anyway.
The WordPress blog should be configured to allow you to register an account for comments (if you don’t already have one.) I will approve this user account requests as quickly as I can.
I mean, really, who doesn’t right? What about cooking? And funny? Do you like funny? Well then, forget Julie and Julia and take short link hop over to the Mouse House Kitchen where
I was offline most of the weekend. Back-dated posts and updates coming later today or tomorrow. Just got into the office (10:50 AM). We had about 6" of snow since last night.
Backdated posts from Valentine’s Day and the weekend are coming soon.
ETA: weekend has been updated. You can read about the trip to Albany here.