I first purchased Scrivener on November 6, 2007 and I have been using it ever since. It is one of those rare pieces of software that does what it was designed to do really, really well. It provides the tools I need to focus on writing my science fiction stories–and then gets out of the way. I’ve written quite a few posts on Scrivener over the years. Since they are scattered throughout this blog, I’ve decided to collect links to all of them here for people who are interested in reading about how I use Scrivener and how it has made my writing life easier.
- NEW! SFWA Short Fiction Template for Scrivener (2022)
- Enhanced Short Fiction Template for Scrivener (Mac) (2452)
Posts are listed in reverse chronological order. Most recent posts are first, oldest posts are last.
- Scrivener and the Editorial Process
- Tracking my writing goals with Scrivener, Evernote and Google Spreadsheets
- Scrivener, Dropbox, Elements and an improved process for the iPad
- 10 reasons Scrivener is a great tool for new writers
- Building and managing story timelines using Scrivener
- Scrivener 2.1: Designed to make the process of writing even easier
- Creating custom short story templates in Scrivener
- Using Scrivener with writing critique groups
- Going iPad, part 2 of 5: writing on the iPad with Scrivener and SimpleNote
- The paperless writing-cycle using Scrivener and Kindle
- Scrivener 2.0: my month-long test drive
- Scrivener: the ultimate writer’s tool