I must have received a dozen requests for guest post or advertising on the site in the last 7 days. None of them showed any indication that they reviewed the site policies for guest posts and advertising, so I think now is a good time to remind folks of the policies. A link to my site policies is available in the footer of every page and post.
Guest Posts and Advertising
You can find the full policy here, but the gist is:
- I do not accept unsolicited guest posts and articles for the blog.
- I do not put advertisement on the site, including paid links to other sites
- I don’t do link exchanges.
Product Reviews and Plugs
I have a steady stream of requests from folks to review a product, usually software or a service. Here is my full policy on product reviews and plugs, but the gist is:
- I am not a product reviewer.
- I generally don’t have time to try out new products and write reviews.
- When I do review or mention a product, it is always something that I have used myself.
It is perfectly okay to ask, but 99 times out of 100 the answer is going to be no.
Sponsors and Transparency
In December 2015 I wrote a post on “Sponsors and Transparency” that pretty well captures my thoughts and philosophy about how I run this blog with respect to paid sponsors. The gist:
- I don’t promote products I have never used myself
- I prefer to pay for the products and services I use
- I try to be completely transparent on rare occasions when I do receive compensation for something I mention here.
Inquiries I receive for a guest post or advertising, or any of the above, that obviously have ignored the above policies get deleted without a reply.
I do get inquiries that demonstrate, or even mention, my policies in a non-robotic way, and I always reply to these, although I rarely acquiesce.