Baseball is back and so I know it must be spring, despite the fact that it is unusually cold here (I don’t think it supposed to break 45 F today). Two days into the regular season and I haven’t watched a game yet, but I’m keeping my eye on things:
- The Yankees lost their opener to the Red Sox, which delighted many, if not most of my friends and family. The Yankees are playing with a lot of injuries–as one might expect from an older team. I think its way too early in the season to draw any conclusions1.
- Houston is now in the American League, and every division now has 5 teams, meaning that we get interleague play throughout the season. The Angels play the Reds today, for instance. So that’s a bit different.
- The Texas Rangers were one out away from a perfect game yesterday. That’s pretty remarkable.
- And Robinson Cano fired Scott Boras and hired Jay-Z.
I thought I might catch the Yankees game tonight, but it looks like I might actually make it to a writers group meeting instead, but I’ll get around to watching a game soon enough. And besides…
This Sunday, the Little Man has his first t-ball practice and that should be a lot of fun. More on that next week.
- And yes, I’d be saying the same thing if the Yankees had won that game. ↩