I‘ve got a lot on my plate at the moment, and I am working hard to clear the decks as much as possible before my Internet vacation, which begins one week from tomorrow. Here are a few of the things I’m working on this weekend.
- Finishing my read of Robert J. Sawyer’s Red Planet Blues, his upcoming novel. My review of this book will appear later this month in my regular book review column for InterGalactic Medicine Show.
- Finish writing the bulk of the remained scheduled blog posts for my Internet vacation. I’ve written four of the posts so far, which means I have nine more to write. (There will be one surprise guest post while I’m on my vacation, but you’ll have to wait a little while to find out who that guest will be.)
- Add some more words to my current work in progress. Last night was my best night so far in terms of writing on the new story. I wrote 1,700 words and the story is going gangbusters. I’ve also now written ten consecutive days on that story and I hope to keep that streak going.
- Write the next Going Paperless post for Tuesday. I usually have these scheduled well in advance, but for some reason, I didn’t have anything planned for this week, so I have to come up with something. If anyone has suggestions, let me know…
- Brunch with friends. Tomorrow. At a nearby restaurant that we can walk to. And it will be in the 60s here tomorrow so that is perfect walking weather, if you ask me.
- Investigate programmatic access to Google Spreadsheets via perl, php or python (I can program fluently in all three so it really comes down to whichever is easiest.) I know it can be done, but I’m not looking to reinvent the wheel. I just need the programmatic access.
That’s what keeping me busy this weekend. Oh, and don’t forget, for folks in the U.S., we spring forward tonight! Spring is just around the corner!