Kelly has given me a block of time today to get some freelance work done. I also have some chores to do around the house. Tomorrow, we are taking the kids up to Baltimore to go on a train ride with Santa. But today, I can attempt to make progress on freelance work. Here is what I have on tap, in roughly this order of priority:
- Make some final (small) revisions to the story I told to the Beyond the Sun anthology. One of the backers of the Kicstarter for the anthology gets a Tuckerization and picked my story in which to be Tuckerized. There are also a few other minor changes to be made. I plan on getting these changes turned in today.
- Begin some editor-requested revisions on another story which may (or may not) appear in the magazine next year. These revisions are a little more complicated, although I don’t think I’d call them major revisions. I hope to at least get started on those today. If possible finish them, too, but I’m not holding my breath on that.
- Complete research and begin writing a nonfiction article for yet another magazine.
- If time permits, make some progress on the second draft of a new science fiction story I completed last month.
On the chores side of the ledger:
- Clean and mop the kitchen and bathroom floors.
- Clean the hardwood floors.
Finally, on the reading front:
- Finish book 2 of The Lord of the Rings. This would mean I completed The Fellowship of the Rings.
- Skim the new issue of Locus.
- Read the new Ken Liu stories in the new issue of InterGalactic Medicine Show.
The Big 40 countdown today on Sirius XMs 80s on 8 is for this week in 1980. I always like listening to countdowns in that year because it is such a transitional year between the 1970s and 1980s. You end up with some pretty eclectic music on the list. Plus, it’s about 8 months before the birth of MTV. So I look forward to listening to that while I work late this morning and early this afternoon.
So, what are you up to today? I imagine that NaNoWriMo winners are spending the day celebrating, right?