It’s hard to believe that the first half of 2012 is gone, bye-bye, seeyalater. I blinked and the year dashed by. Perception, I know, since time flows one second at a time, but still…
So a few interesting (to me) stats for the first half of the year, ending June 30:
Blogging and social networking:
- I started 2012 with 442 Twitter followers. As of June 30, I was at an even 700.
- I ended the first half of 2012 with just a hair over 150,000 direct visits to this site. That’s 150% more than all of 2011 combined.
- Add in RSS hits and the number jumps to just under a quarter of a million visits.
- I started 2012 with 144 active followers via Feedburner. As of June 30, I was at 417.
- I read 134 pieces of short fiction
- I read 16 books
- I wrote 5 stories (complete drafts)
- I made 4 submissions1
- Committed more than 1.75 million keystrokes
- Walked 1,064,809 steps, or the equivalent of roughly 550 miles
- Climbed the equivalent of 2,291 flights of stairs
Anyone else have interesting statistics for the first half of 2012?