Just a quick note, for those interested, that I have made a minor taxonomy improvement to the Vacation in the Golden Age posts. I have created a Vacation in the Golden Age category in WordPress. Within this category, I have created several subcategories: Episodes, Announcements and Extras. And there is one subcategory within Episodes for each year of the Vacation to date. What this means is that is should be easier to look at groups of posts.
- https://www.jamierubin.net/category/vacation-in-the-golden-age/: this will get you any posts related to my Vacation (Eventually. Right now, I’ve only gone back and updated the actual episodes.)
- https://www.jamierubin.net/category/vacation-in-the-golden-age/episodes/: this will get you all episodes of the Vacation listed in excerpt form, 12 episodes to a page.
- https://www.jamierubin.net/category/vacation-in-the-golden-age/episodes/1940/: this will get all episodes for 1940. You can substitute any year covered so far.
- https://www.jamierubin.net/category/vacation-in-the-golden-age/extras/: this will get you things like the recent Vacation in the Golden Age by the numbers post. I still have to go back and properly categorize posts that fit into this group.
- https://www.jamierubin.net/category/vacation-in-the-golden-age/announcements/: this will get you posts like this one.
Old categories and tags will still work so if you’ve bookmarked to previous category pages your bookmarks will still work. Going forward, I think this will help make the posts more accessible and allow to better filter what you’d like to see.