This morning, after I woke up and showered, I turned on the iPad and looked to see what was new. Here is what I found that I had received while sleeping:
- December issue of Analog (with a Brad Torgersen cover story) for the Kindle app
- December issue of Asimov’s (with a Connie Willis Christmas novella!) for the Kindle app
- October issue of Locus for iBooks
- October 10 issue of Time magazine in the Time magazine app
- October 1 issue of New Scientist for Zinio
I haven’t yet received notice of the October issues of Lightspeed and Clarkesworld, but I imagine I’ll see those notices soon.
How cool is it that I get all of this stuff automatically delivered to a single device with little or no effort on my own part. No clutter of magazines across my desk. No need to lug around issues in my backpack. No worrying about the things being lost or damaged in the mail.
And on a day like today, when it is cold and rainy, I can sit in my office reading chair and have enough reading to last me the entire weekend.
That is what I like about digital publishing as a reader.