I didn’t get much sleep last night. I fell asleep around 11pm and woke up at 1am. After that, I couldn’t get back to sleep. After tossing and turning for a few hours, I decided to just give up, get up and write. Turns out I’ve had a pretty productive day:
- I wrote several blog posts, most of which you have now seen.
- I wrote the my next Wayward Time Traveler column for SF Signal, part 2 of my time-travel piece.
- I managed to get through another 1,200 words of the story I’m working on, bringing the total up to about 4,000, maybe a third of the way through the first draft.
- There was the day job, of course.
- After work I headed into Clarendon to attend the social meetup of the Arlington Writers Group, which was a lot of fun as always.
- I raced home at 9pm so that I could participate in my second SF Signal podcast. This is another fun one, and if you like science fiction in any form, pay attention to this one when it comes out next week.
Now, with only a couple hours of sleep under my belt over the last two days, I’m heading to bed. I’ll be up bright an early at 5am to do more writing. At least tomorrow is Thursday, which, because of Balticon, makes it my Friday this week. I have a four day weekend!
And plenty of stuff to fill it with. Good night!