In no particular order:
- Basking in the warm mid-70s weather of the gulf coast.
- Swimming with the Little Man
- Eating pizza and drinking beer at Doc’s
- Having a night out with Kelly including dinner at Tommy Bahama’s
- Writing 2 stories
- Reading the rest of the Dozois’ The Year’s Best Science Fiction 27th Annual Edition
- Reading Hartwell’s The Year’s Best SF 15th edition
- Hanging out with my in-laws, my nephew and my brother-in-law
- Going on long evening walks
- Hitting the outlets and shopping. Yes: shopping
- Attending Christmas Eve mass
- Driving through decorated neighborhoods, counting the fake snowmen
- Sitting on the lanai, listening to the water fountain
- Chasing the Little Man around the house, much to his delight (and mine!)
- Watching the Little Man open presents from Santa (and others) on Christmas Day
- Relaxing. Eating. Drinking. Being Merry.
I know it sounds like a lot, but I’ve got ten days to squeeze it all into. And you know what I won’t be doing on vacation? I won’t be working.