After nearly a year of playing with WordPress behind the scenes, I have decided to begin the gradual transition from LiveJournal to WordPress once and for all. As part of this transition, the following will be taking place in the short-term:
- All blog posts will continue to be cross-posted to LiveJournal and Facebook
- LiveJournal posts will be closed to comments. Instead, click the link at the bottom of each post to comment on my WordPress blog.
- Comments on Facebook should (in theory) be picked up by WordPress as regular intervals.
I am doing this for several reasons:
- I have a custom installation of WordPress on my domain which I can control completely.
- WordPress has more of the features that I am looking for, and it is far easier to tweak the styles than in LiveJournal.
- One-stop-shopping for blog posting.
As far as LJ blogs that I read, I will continue reading them. Most of them I read through Google Reader at this point, anyway.
The WordPress blog should be configured to allow you to register an account for comments (if you don’t already have one.) I will approve this user account requests as quickly as I can.