It was a busy weekend and I didn’t have all that much time to update this blog-thing, so here is a brief summary of the weekend.
- Got some badly needed sleep
- Went to the gym with Kelly; did 30-minute cardio workout
- Kelly and Sarah went looking at wedding dresses; I was excluded on the basis of my groomhood
- My company had it’s 60th anniversary dinner cruise on the Potomac. Though it was incredibly hot out, we went and had a very nice time hanging out with friends and co-workers.
- We dashed out to Bowie so that Kelly could check out a David’s Bridal shop before they closed for the evening
- We finally called it a night, and ended the evening watching The Shawshank Redemption, which Kelly had never seen before
- Breakfast and laundry
- Gassed up the car ($40 for 10 gallons, a new record!)
- Drove up to Ellicot City to meet with our photographer. It was a good meeting; we signed her and put down a deposit. She was nice enough to throw in a free engagement shoot, so we have to arrange that, too
- Came home, finished laundry, watched more of The Shawshank Redemption
- Kelly left to go look for wedding dresses with Sarah; Kelly found a wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses
- I went to Costco and got a membership, and then, on vickyandnorm‘s suggestion, bought 2 moving kits from Costco (50 boxes)
- Managed to pack up 3-1/2 of my large bookshelves in 24 boxes. Still have 2-1/2 bookshelves to go
- Started reading James Frey’s new book Bright Shiny Morning which is a work of fiction and takes place in L.A. a’la Bret Easton Ellis’ Less Than Zero.
- Lights out around 9:30 and I set my alarm for 6:30 instead of 4:20. What the heck. I deserve it.