Great theme for this week’s A.Word.A.Day mailing list. The theme was:
Words having vowels aeiou once and only once, and in order.
The words were:
- annelidous – of or relating to worms
- facetious – Jocular or humorous, often inappropriately
- anemious – Growing in windy conditions
- caesious – Bluish or grayish green
- abstemious – Sparing, especially in matters of eating and drinking
Much to my chagrin, I know only two of the words (“facetious” and “abstemious”). And as strausmouse will point out, I would likely misspell all five of them.