I came across this interesting meme while browsing Edmund Schubert’s blog this morning and I figured I’d give it a whirl. The rules are simple: The next blog entry you post has to list 5 things that no one (or very few people) knows about you. So here I go:
- In junior high school, I used to tell lies thinking that I was impressing people. I would just make stuff up with little thought of repercussions. I once told a girl I liked that I had tickets to a Prince concert because she was a big fan of Price. (I don’t know what I would have done if she called me on it.) I told many people that I could fly an airplane. It is all terribly embarrassing to look back on and I have tried to make up for it, but I can never erase it.
- I once shot and killed a bird with a BB gun. I felt sick over it for days afterward.
- I once submitted a story to Playboy. That was before I knew that Playboy actually published high quality literature, equal to the caliber of The New Yorker. The story that I submitted was exactly what you imagine it might be. And I used my own name, too.
- In the very first Presidential election I voted in, I voted for Ross Perot. It was the only time I ever voted for a non-Democrat in my life and looking back on it, I cannot for the life of me remember why I voted for him.
- I am a slow reader. I read steadily and whenever I can and that makes up for it to some extent, but most people I know read much faster than I do.
There you have it. Now it’s your turn, those of you with blogs. What are 5 little-known things about you?