In an effort to get more protein in the morning before my strength training workout, I decided to hard boil some eggs tonight so that I could eat them in the morning. I had no idea what I was doing. I started by boiling water, but something in the back of my mind told me that might not be the best way to do it. So I called Mom, aka rubysnina. Here is what she had me do:
- Fill a pot with cold water
- Put the eggs in the water
- Bring it to a rapid boil
- Once it’s boiling, turn off the heat, cover the pot and let it sit for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, run cold water in the pot until the eggs are cool enough to handle
- Put in fridge for the morning
That is not at all how I would have thought to do it, though it all makes sense. Still, it’s possible that I screwed things up. If you don’t hear from me for a few days, if I don’t show up to work, answer my phone, post messages to this blog, you might want to call the local police or fire department to check on me. If all goes well, however, I will post a positive report after my workout tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!