This was a good workout and except for some harder stuff toward the end, I’ve gotten to feel as though I’ve passed a milestone and hit my stride. My eating is getting better and more consistent (far from perfect, but better). And I’m feeling good during the workouts.
Exercise group 1
- Leg press. 3 sets @ 22.6 kg 1 leg at a time. 12/12/12
- Power crunch 2000. 3 sets @ 11.3 kg. 20/25/25
- Jumping jacks. 3 sets. 30/40/40
Exercise group 2
- Free-standing squats. Unlike the Smith-machine which hold the bar in place, freestanding squats require balance so that the bar doesn’t tip you over. 3 sets (@ 20, 30, 30 kg.). 12/12/12
Exercise group 3
- Quad press. You’re seated with your feet on a platform and your shoulders against these pads. Then you release the bars and squat and then extend. It’s pretty darn tought. 3 sets @22.6 kg. 12/12/12
- Abdominal crunches. 3 sets. 25/30/30.
Exercise group 4
- Calf curls. 3 sets @ 22.6 kg. 12/12/15
- Jumping jacks. 3 sets. 40/40/40
Exercise group 5
- Angled, seated calf-lifts. 3 sets @ 36 kg. 12/12/15
- Elbow-to-knee crunches. 3 sets. 20/20/20
My next session with Bernard is one week from today at 4 PM. I am planning a cardio session for tomorrow after work (before I go to Denisse’s shindig). I may even try the treadmill!