This morning was the first time in a while that I did a full strength workout by myself. I decided that I much prefer doing these workouts in the morning than in the evenings and so I was up at 4:30 AM, had a good breakfast (cereal and milk, toast and orange juice) and then headed in for the workout.
Exercise group 1
- Hammer strength iso-lat press. 3 sets (@50, 70, 70 lbs). 12/12/12
- Dumb bell bicep curls. 3 sets @ 20 lbs in each arm. 12/12/12
- Elbow-to-knee crunches. 3 sets. 20/20/25
Exercise group 2
- Side lifts. 3 sets (@15, 15, 10 lbs). 12/12/12
- Kickbacks. 3 sets in each arm @ 20 lbs. 12/12/12
- Jumping jacks. 3 sets. 30/30/40
Exercise group 3
- Pectoral fly. 3 sets (@50, 60, 45 lbs). 12/12/12
- Close quarter push-ups. 3 sets. 12/12/12
- Crunches. 3 sets. 30/30/30
Exercise group 4
- Forward lifts. 2 sets @ 10 lbs. 12/12
- Arm curls. 2 sets (@60, 40 lbs). 12/12
I was surprised by how I was able to do all sets of the dumb bell curls without too much of a problem, even at 20 lbs in each arm. I felt equally good about the close-quarter push ups. It was cold when I left the gym, but it felt so good to get out into that cold, fresh air after the workout. I really like the mornings better than the evenings.
My next workout is with Bernard on Thursday at 4 PM.