Upper body workout this morning. I spent half the night telling myself I didn’t want to get up at 4:30 AM, but I was up at 4:30 AM anyway and into the gym as usual. Once again, Bernard mentioned that my abs were definitely flatter, and I’ve noticed that my jeans are fitting more loosely. He also mentioned again that while my upper body workouts don’t feel like they are getting any easier, it’s because he has been gradually increasing the weights as my strength increases. Looking in the mirror today, I am actually beginning to notice changes. Maybe it’s time to post another picture to compare to the first one I posted back when this all started.
Exercise group 1
- Lateral dumb bell lifts. 3 sets (@ 15 lbs, 20 lbs 20 lbs in each arm). 12/12/12.
- Inclined bicep curls. 3 sets @ 20 lbs in each arm. 12/12/12
- Inclined leg lifts. 3 sets. 10/10/10. These were incredibly difficult for me
Exercise group 2
- Chest press. 3 sets @ 75 lbs. 12/10/8
- Bench dips. 3 sets. 12/12/12
- Jump rope. 3 sets. 40/50/50
Exercise group 3
- Pectoral flies. 3 sets (@ 45 lbs, 45 lbs, 60 lbs.) 12/12/12
- Bicep curls (machine). 3 sets (@40 lbs, 40 lbs, 50 lbs.) 12/12/12
- Crunches. 3 sets. 20/30/30
Next week I am switching to one workout per week with Bernard and doing my remaining workouts solo. Today I got the notion to put together a database that will track my workouts and select what exercises I should do for a given workout type. There is probably software out there that I could buy, but what fun would that be. I’d rather build it myself. Bernard and I meet next Thursday afternoon.