This was a morning workout and I was up at 4:30 AM in order to eat and be into the gym by 6 AM. I tend to be a morning person, but even for me 4:30 AM is tough. It means that I have to be in bed by about 9 PM and shut out the light by 9:30 PM or so. This limits my reading, but it also prevents me from being a crab the next morning. In fact, I would probably work out only in the afternoons if it weren’t for 2 things:
- My morning workouts feel better; I feel like I am stronger, and that I have more energy
- I feel better after my morning workouts than I do in the afternoon
And so, given the choice, I would probably choose early mornings over afternoons because I just feel better about it. It was raining this morning, too, and seeing the rain falling in the darkness outside while doing my workout in the gym reminded me of being back in grade school, on a rainy day, when you couldn’t go outside for lunch and you had to do indoor activities instead.
Exercise group 1
- Walking lunges. 12 in each direction @ 20 lbs in each hand. 3 Sets. 12/12/12
- Leg curls. 3 sets @ 75 lbs. 12/12/12
- Crunches. 3 sets. 30/30/35
- Jumping jacks. 3 sets 30/40/40
Exercise group 2
- Smith machine squats. 3 sets @ 50 lbs. 12/12/12
- Core curls with 8 lbs medicine ball. 3 sets. 12/15/15
- Jump rope. 3 sets. 30/40/50
Exercise group 3
This was technically the last of my 8 added-on sessions with Bernard, but he owes me one for being late one day. So I’m scheduled with Bernard next week Tuesday afternoon. And Thursday morning. Yes, that’s right, I’m signing up for 8 more sessions, but these next 8 sessions will be once a week instead of twice a week. I will be trying to do more on my own and begin weaning myself off the trainer over the next two months.
I also am getting my body fat rechecked on Tuesday.