I didn’t get a chance to post this yesterday, but I did have a training session with Bernard, the last of my first set of sessions. Today was a lower-body workout day.
Exercise Group 1
- Straight leg curls: 12/12/12 at 60 lbs.
- Calf dips: holding 15 lbs free weights in each hand, you stand up straight, and then bend forward at the waist, bringing the weights toward the floor. Then back up again. Three sets: 15/15/15
- Abdominal crunches: 25/25/25
Exercise Group 2
- Leg press: 12/12/12, first set at 90 lbs, last two sets at 110 lbs
- Ball lunges: one foot on the half-ball things, the other foot behind. Holding a 15 lbs free weight in each hand, lunge forward, pushing back up with your heel. Three sets in each leg, 15/15/15.
- Jump rope: 40/40/40
Exercise Group 3
- Seated leg curl: 12/12/12 at 70 lbs
- Exercise ball squats: exercise ball at the small of your back, leaning up against the wall. Hold a 14 pound ball over your head and squat into a “seated” position. Repeat. Three sets: 15/15/15
- Exercise ball crunches: 20/20/20. The last set was while holding hte 14 lbs ball
At the end of the session, I signed up for 8 more sessions with Bernard. It seems that when you sign up for 8 sessions or more, you get a free XM satellite radio and car kit. I don’t have a radio in my car, but I’ll figure out something to do with it.
I have two sessions scheduled for next week: Tuesday and Thursday, both at 4 PM. In the meantime, I am supposed to do arms and shoulders and cardio between now and Tuesday.