The house is cleaned, everything is packed and I’m ready to head out on my trip. I let my neighbors know I’d be gone for two weeks and they are going to keep an eye on the house for me. Talked to Doug and Jen tonight. I’m meeting Doug at Hertz tomorrow. Jen asked if I would wrangle the wedding gifts into my suite after the reception and I agreed to do that.
I made a “Driving in L.A.” to play in the car from LAX to Mom and Dad’s house. It’s about a 70 minute drive, and I put together a 70 minute CD of good L.A. driving songs. For those interested, the songs are:
1. I Love L.A. (Randy Newman)
2. American Girl (Tom Petty)
3. Blinded By the Light (Manfred Mann)
4. Born to Run (Bruce Springsteen)
5. Rock N Roll Band (Boston)
6. Fill Her Up (Sting)
7. Mrs. Potters Lullaby (Counting Crows)
8. New Slang (The Shins)
9. Against the Wind (Bob Seger)
10. Rock & Roll (Led Zeppelin)
11. Come Sail Away (Styx)
12. Lithium Sunset (Sting)
13. Don’t Stop (Fleetwood Mac)
14. I’m On My Way (The Shimshaws)
15. (What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding (Elvis Costello)
16. Peaceful Easy Feeling (Eagles)
17. Speed of Sound (Coldplay)
Incidentally, the song I’m On My Way is by a buddy of mine, Todd McCombs, who has a band called The Shimshaws and an album called “Subcutaneous”. You can find the album at the Apple Music store, or check out their website at:
I put the finishing touches on the toast that I am giving at the wedding while test-driving the newly created playlist.
It’s late now, 11 PM, and the car to the airport will be here at 6:15 AM so I’m going to get some sleep. Tomorrow is a travel day, but hopefully because it’s Wednesday, it won’t be too hectic.