Because I need a break from work, and to have a nice reference point, here is a listing of my active magazine subscriptions and where I read them:
- Analog Science Fiction (Kindle App)
- Apex Magazine (Kindle App)
- Asimov’s Science Fiction (Kindle App)
- Clarkesworld (Kindle App)
- Daily Science Fiction (Email)
- Fantasy & Science Fiction (Kindle App)
- InterGalactic Medicine Show (Kindle App)
- Lightspeed Magazine (Kindle App)
- LOCUS Magazine (Kindle App via PDF)
- New Scientist (Zinio App)
- Rolling Stone (Zinio App)
- Scientific American (Kindle App via PDF)
- SFWA Bulletin (Print1)
- Time Magazine (via Apple Newsstand)
- Writer’s Digest (Kindle App via PDF)
I recently gave up my subscription to Discover Magazine (via Zinio) because I never read it. I just couldn’t get into it. I replaced it with the subscription to Writer’s Digest, which I initially subscribed to so I could read a good article by fellow writer’s group member Joanna Castle Miller. I decided the magazine was pretty good so I’m keeping that subscription.
I try to keep up with all of them as best as I can, although I do get behind and don’t read every word of every issue. The only magazine that I really don’t read at all is Time, but Kelly reads it (we also receive the print edition).
If you exclude Daily Science Fiction, which publishes on short story every weekday, that amounts to 19 issues each and every month.
- It is not available in electronic format. ↩