It is hard to believe that on the heels of Worldcon, Capclave is now less than a month away.
This time around, the good folks who run Capclave have given me a pretty heavy schedule of programming. And while, tentative, it all look very, very good. Here is what is on my plate for the weekend:
- 9am: Online Presence with Morgan Keyes, Nick Mamatas, and John Scalzi.
- 12:30pm: Reading. Note: this is my first-ever reading!
- 5pm: Golden Age SF with Roger MacBride Allen and Tom Doyle.
- 6pm: Unwritten Secrets of Writers Groups with Meriah Lysistrata Crawford, Aly Parsons,and Jim Stratton
- 10pm: Who Are the Early Master of Modern Science Fiction with Michael Dirda, Tom Doyle, Doug Fratz, and Darrell Schweitzer
- 11pm: Shortest Fiction with Larry Hodges, Dina Leacock, Craig Allen Loewen, and Jennifer Pelland.
- 1pm: How Many Years in the Business Before They Stop Calling Me a New Writer? with Diana Peterfreund, Jamie Todd Rubin, Alan Smale
And now a few comments:
- OMG! I am on a panel with John Scalzi, Nick Mamatas, and Morgan Keyes on Online Presence. Dude! That is so awesome.
- OMG! I am on a panel with Michael Dirda. That, too, is pretty darn cool!
- OMG! I am on a panel with Jennifer Pelland, whose stories–particularly ones like “Organ Nell”–I’ve always admired.
- OMG! I am going to do a reading–my very first. Now I have to think about what to read…?
- OMG! I am on panels until midnight on Saturday. That is going to make for one long day!
Again, this is just a tentative schedule. I imagine a more finalized version will be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks. But it looks like a pretty amazing schedule.