I haven’t posted much lately about the writing work that I am doing. That is, in part, because I am trying to do the writing as opposed to writing about doing the writing. But since I was chatting about it with someone earlier today, I figured I share what I have on my plate with everyone else. So here it is:
- Revisions to a story for an anthology (which I hope to be finished with by the end of the month)
- A novella, the first draft of which I hope to have finished by the end of the month
- An interview column for the November issue of InterGalactic Medicine Show
- My book review column for November for InterGalactic Medicine Show
- Some commissioned non-fiction work for another major science fiction magazine
This is keeping me pretty busy and it also means that early October, a lot of things are coming due around the same time. But I’m also having a lot of fun working on these, especially the novella, which I really think is going to be a good one.
I’m also busy keeping up with my reading for my Vacation in the Golden Age, Episode 39 of which will be appearing on Monday.
And I’ll be part of the SF Signal podcast tonight–which will go live sometime next week.
So I do have some writing work that is keeping me busy, and I have a backlog of stories that I’d like to write as I get some of these other items off my plate. So hopefully this pace will continue. It is one that I am growing increasingly comfortable with.